Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Yay, starting new book!

okay, I know I'm writing a little too perfect and all, but everyone needs a side project, right? After I'm finished ALTP, I'll get more serious about this other story, right now it's just for fun.
SO.... I got inspired to start writing this because we are learning about segregation right now in reading, and it's just horrible how black and whites were seperated!
Here's the summary: (btw, it's called COLORED)


In the state of Alabama, racism is a real big problem. It's 1955, and all the whites are hating the blacks. Tate Beverly is twelve years old, and already she's seen too much. Her father won't hire any african american even if his life depended on it, and her mother forbids her from communicating with the new neighbor's adopted black child, Sadie. But when everyone around her is giving threats to the brown-skinned, Tate tries to stand up for them, even it means disappointing her own family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog